About me

Monday, September 4, 2017

My life in the sociological view

I always try to see the best in people and when their success is hidden I want to help to show them how to be the best they can be. I did not know much about sociology before I started to take my first sociology class at college but after only one class I knew that sociology was the college major for me; now I just had to figure out how I was going to use it for career. Sociology to me is the study of society and how the individuals in society view each other, which makes the perspective of each individual in society different. Every person in society looks at the different classes, races, and gender differently based to the beliefs and stigmas that are held. I grew up in Northern New York in the poorest county in New York so for me their was not a society full of different class and races but the beliefs in some stigmas here are some of the largest I have been able to see.
By being always trying to see the best in people and now being about to use my sociological view as well I now can look at the society I live in completely differently in both the good and the bad ways. I believe sociology has opened up my perspectives I take as an individual and helps me grow as a person as well as help me teach others. After a couple sociology classes and passed experiences that I have overcome I decided that I was going to use my sociological perspective in social working. I am now starting to work with families that are in the social services system and the sociology that I have learned has already played a large part in helping these families.

No comments:

Post a Comment